Certificates are used to manage authentications in LXD. Certificates are not editable. They may only be created or deleted. None of the certificate operations in LXD are asynchronous.
Certificates can be queried through the following client manager methods:
- all() - Retrieve all certificates.
- get() - Get a specifit certificate, by its fingerprint.
- create() - Create a new certificate. This method requires a first argument that is the LXD trust password, and the cert data, in binary format.
Certificates have the following attributes:
- fingerprint - The fingerprint of the certificate. Certificates are keyed off this attribute.
- certificate - The certificate itself, in PEM format.
- type - The certificate type (currently only “client”)